Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dented Cans

The grocery store used to be my favorite place to shop. When we were just starting out it was the one place that I felt I could spend money and not feel guilty about it! One of my favorite aisles at the commissary has always been the "safe to sell" area. You know the one I am talking about, it's where they tape up the packages that get ripped open or markdown the dented cans.

The job is no longer fun. It is just another chore that can't be avoided.

Today was an adventure. Jack was in rare form. There was nothing safe in the cart. Anything and everything that he could get his hands on was fair game as far as he was concerned! I was frazzled and I even had Tyler go back to the front of the store to get another cart just so I could keep his little 3 inches hands away from the produce!

As I was loading all the items onto the belt I noticed something. All my packages had bite marks and wet spots from baby drool and all my cans were dented but none of them were marked down. It is a sad day when you have to buy the dented cans and torn packages, not because you are broke, but because your toddler has launched them from his perch high above the ground and wrecked them just to make your other kids laugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment