Saturday, September 19, 2009

Flying Solo

Today was the first day that Kevin has taken the boys for the afternoon since he moved out. I must say that at first I didn't really have any idea of how I would spend my time. But, after a lot of fretting, I decided to spend the day out of the house. Sure, there are always things to clean or organize but I can do those chores on any other day of the week. So off to Marshall's I went, and I bought myself a shirt. Then on to JcPenney's Salon where I got a great haircut and of course a wonderful chat with the lady that does my hair. Next was Chick-fil-A for a caffeine free Diet Coke and finally a quick trip to Wal-Mart for a few much needed groceries and a few birthday gifts for Matthew. All in all, I would call the day a success. No whining children requesting hundreds of dollars worth of nothing. No kids begging for a chicken nugget meal with a toy and a perfect haircut. Truly an A+ day.
Oh yeah, the kids had a good day with dad too!

3 comments:

  1. That sounded like a great day! I love days like that. You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got some time off! It's amazing what a few hours alone can do for us moms. Love the new design btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful deserved relaxing day. =D

    ReplyDelete