Lose-A-Palooza is a one-day social media event created to encourage participation in the Lose For Good® campaign to benefit Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger.
As part of the Lose For Good campaign, Weight Watchers will donate $1, up to a maximum of $60,000, to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger for each approved mention, acknowledgment or action related to “Lose For Good” made on September 14th through blogs, Twitter, Facebook and check-in via foursquare.
There is a difference between Lose For Good and Lose-A-Palooza.
Lose For Good is a 7-week campaign.
Lose-A-Palooza, on the other hand, is a one-day event as part of the Lose For Good campaign. The event runs one day only – September 14th – and its objective is to drive as much social media awareness as possible for Lose For Good. Every time Lose For Good is mentioned using an approved method on 9/14, Weight Watchers will track the mention and donate a dollar – up to $60,000.So by now you are probably saying, "Okay, what do I need to do?"
Here's the skinny (no pun intended) hee hee...
* Get involved by visiting WeightWatchers.com/LoseForGood.
* Comment on a blog post about Lose For Good, like right here on my blog!! Also, ask your friends to show their support by commenting on your post. Don’t forget to include “Lose For Good” in your comment.
* Write a post including “Lose For Good” in the Community on WeightWatchers.com.
* “Like” Weight Watchers, Share Our Strength or Action Against Hunger pages
* Comment or "Like" any of the Weight Watchers “Lose-A-Palooza” updates posted posting throughout the day, Sept. 14th
* Accessorize your page add a Lose-A-Palooza twibbon to your profile picture (available 9/14)
* Follow get in on the good. Follow @WeightWatchers, @sharestrength or @acfusa
* Tweet or Retweet using the hashtag #LoseforGood. Let people know how they can join you in the fight against hunger
* Accessorize and add a Lose-A-Palooza twibbon to your profile picture (available 9/14)
* Check-in to a Weight Watchers meeting room to help contribute to the good.
So that's it, please participate in any of the above ways. Be sure to include the words "Lose for Good" so that all activity can be counted and we can help raise money to fight hunger!!! $60,000 could feed a lot of people!