Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sick Baby

I had totally forgotten what it was like to have a sick baby. I forgot about the spike in fever at 1am that keeps them up until 3am wanting to play with toys and read books. I forgot about the worry it causes me and the fact that even though he was sound asleep at 4am, I felt it was necessary to untangle his blankets and feel his body to make sure he was cooler, Thus waking him up again. Poor baby.
I do have one question though, why do they have to get SO sick in the middle of the night? Yesterday he was ill but not SICK. He was still playful to an extent. He ate well. I mean he sounded awful but was still in good spirits. So why is it that when a mom, me, is at her worst... Dead tired, sound asleep and drooling, also happens to be when they are at their worst... raging fever, delirious and snot pouring.
Somehow, I don't think that is fair! Anyway, here is to hoping that Jack feels better today and I can get back to sleeping through the night again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Jack is feeling better! I left you an award over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete