Monday, February 15, 2010

Day Care

Tomorrow marks a huge milestone in my new life as a single parent. I will be touring a day care. That's right, as a direct result of the end of my marriage, I will be getting a job. I mean a paying job! We all know that the life of a stay at home mom is often overlooked by many, sometimes even called laziness, but most of us SAHMs can attest to the fact that we are not lazy, but anyway, back to day care!
I have no idea what to expect! I have only ever visited 2 other day cares in my life so I don't have much to measure this one up against! I am still grasping the reality that I will be dropping my toddler off first thing in the morning and not seeing him again until dinner. Somehow this just doesn't seem fair! Sure there are those days that I wish I could drop him off at day care, but to have one as a permanent fixture in my life is a different story.
Oh well, such is life! I mean, I don't really think that there is an aspect of my life that hasn't changed in the last few months. What's that saying again?? "That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."
I will be working all night making a list of all the important questions to ask. I mean we all know the first question is, "How much is this going to cost me?" But beyond that, I've got nothing! I guess that's what Google is for!!
Anyone have any advice for me?? I appreciate it!
They say that change is good... I want to know who THEY are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment